Pinay Solo Backpackers, Are you afraid to travel alone? What to do?
If you wish to travel alone, take courage to make it happen trust yourself and never get lonely when traveling by yourself. The best way to become a Pinay SoloBackpacker is just to read below the guidelines belowand follow what is written and what to do when you want travel without buddy. Together with yourself you have to read first and do this so you have a fun and successful trip anywhere in the Philippines. This is my recommendation to all Backpackers in Philippines.
- Plan. Plan your destination, your budget, how to get there, where you’re staying, etc. I suggest choose a domestic, choose Philippines for your 1st solo trip!. This is the most powerful when it comes to embarking on your first solo trip.
- Bring a map. This is one of the secret when traveling to some place bring a map or you can use your gadget and search for a location in Goggle Earth but if you don’t to want to spend money just to buy your own gadget just stick with your map and when using it be a little discreet if possible.
- Ask the locals. Ask 3 or more people, if you get the same answers, then most likely that correct.
- Keep a mobile phone with you and store important phone numbers like police station #, embassy #, hospitals, etc. This is really helpful during emergencies.
- Dress appropriately and wear he right shoes or sandals. Avoid showing off or letting everyone notice you’re a tourist for your own security.
- Bring a tripod rather than keep asking strangers to take your photo, be careful, they might run away with your expensive camera! If you badly need someone to take your photo, then ask a fellow tourist, they will most likely understand.
- Keep your money in a security waist wallet or secret body wallet. Hide them in separate places. Always count your money when making transactions at money exchange centers and ask for receipt.
- Trust your instinct! If you think you’ll be in trouble or you think you’re talking with a suspicious stranger, then leave! Avoid dark places or walking alone in remote places at night. Avoid drinking booze or juices or whatever drink offered by strangers.
- Tell at least one person that you trust. ( a Family member or a friend maybe) about your travel plan where are you going, your route, your departure your estimated arrival.
- Promote the Philippines. As a Filipina, be a good example. So start traveling in our country so you can brag how beautiful the Philippines is when you start traveling abroad. I just noticed that some Filipino travelers get too ecstatic traveling the world but has forgotten to explore their country, so when the foreign tourist ask them about the best destination in the Philippines, they don’t know what to say. There’s nothing wrong in exploring the world but please never forget your roots.
Lastly, bring an open mind and a Big Heart ! Have a safe trip..